SHENSON LAW GROUP PC
Shenson Law Group PC (“SLG”) is a boutique law firm with expertise in the areas of bankruptcy, distress transactions, entertainment, litigation, finance, and corporate law. The firm is also brought in to provide or assist existing counsel with strategic planning on transactional and litigation matters. SLG also serves as outside general counsel for some of its clients.
After his time with Klee, Tuchin, Bogdanoff & Stern LLP, Jonathan Shenson launched SLG, a nationally acclaimed boutique law firm within expertise in bankruptcy, to serve the expanding needs of his clients. He has been recognized by Chambers USA as one of the leading bankruptcy and restructuring practitioners in California. Jonathan also maintains an active practice representing parties in commercial litigation and a broad array of credit transactions.
From its inception in the fall of 2012, the firm has played significant roles in a variety of complex transactions, bankruptcies and litigation matters including:
- Representing Parisi & Powell, Inc., a general contractor (luxury homes), as debtor in possession in its chapter 11 bankruptcy case currently pending in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District, Sacramento division.
- Representing former directors and officers of Anna’s Linens against claims that $1.5 million in deferred compensation received within a year of Anna’s bankruptcy are avoidable, as insider preferential transfers, and recoverable by the chapter 7 trustee.
- Counsel to Saban Films on an acquisition of a film through a private foreclosure sale.
- Representation of Translink Capital’s Jackie Yang, as former board member of Luxul Technologies (Taiwan), a Translink Capital portfolio company, against breach of duty and like claims by a chapter 7 trustee overseeing the liquidation of Luxul’s US-based subsidiary; SLG obtained summary judgment in favor of Mr. Yang on all claims and the litigation was dismissed.
- Counsel to Stefan Krause, former Faraday Future CFO, on matters relating to his departure from Faraday Future and establishment of a new electric vehicle company, Canoo.
- Representation of Eytan Elbaz, co-founder of Render Media, on fiduciary duties relating to his efforts to implement an orderly wind- down of Render Media’s business culminating in an assignment for the benefit of creditors, and thereafter, SLG represented Mr. Elbaz in his acquisition of Render Media’s assets.
- Counsel to Foxconn in the chapter 11 case of Sotera Wireless, Inc. in which Foxconn sponsored a chapter 11 plan of reorganization, which was confirmed.
- Representation of Sensa Products in state court against fraudulent transfer claims brought by Bank of America, N.A.
- Counsel to Monrovia Nursery Company (aka, Monrovia Growers), a wholesale nursery company, in the refinancing of its senior secured credit facility.
- Representation of MHF Academy Film GmBH (a German film fund) in connection with its prosecution of contract and copyright infringement claims against Warner Brothers arising out of the Franchise Pictures chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Representation of Harry Roussos in his 23-year old, reopened bankruptcy case against claims of “fraud on the court” brought by the chapter 7 trustee.
- Counsel to 11850 Del Pueblo, a shopping center, in its chapter 11 case in which it sold its assets via an auction process; with its CMBS lender receiving a 70% return on its claim and agreeing to release the guarantors.
- Representation of the Automart, Inc. and its principals in federal court against alter ego allegations and claims by West Marine Products for breach of contract and defamation.
- Counsel to Sonya Dakar, Hollywood’s esthetician, retained SLG to resolve her then-pending chapter 11, including various disputes with her estranged husband and his competing skin care product line. SLG negotiated and documented the substantive terms of the global settlement agreement resulting in the dismissal of her and her companies’ bankruptcy cases.
- Counsel to Harold “Hank” Cohen, former director and CEO of KSL Media, on matters concerning corporate governance and KSL Media’s pre-bankruptcy efforts to implement an orderly liquidation and wind-down.
- Counsel to TAMCO, in the chapter 7 bankruptcy of Point Center Financial where it seeks to wrest control of the estate’s loan portfolio (e.g., the management and servicing rights) away from the chapter 7 trustee and Dan Harkey and his companies.